Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bold and Italics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSTechy

MIS
Oct 24, 2002
US
Everytime I type something in Word 97 and change the font to either Bold or Italics the font changes to garbage.
I ran AV using yesterdays definition file. I removed and reinstalled Office and the same thing happens.

Anybody ever see this? How do I fix this?

MSTechy,

The only thing I can think of is it could be your printer driver, try installing the windows default printer driver or switching to a different printer.

Hope this Helps

Regards -
Wray

MSTechy

Does this happen for ALL Fonts? It is possible that the fonts you use do not have a definition for "Italics" and "Bold" in the fonts system directory. Hence Word97 cannot interpret the changes.

Have you tried printing out the formatting? Is the printed material same as the garbage on screen? If the fonts were installed correctly then reinstall Word97.

Thanks everybody!

I moved the computer from one department to another. IN the process I had removed the printer driver. I didn't install another. I just installed another printer driver for a printer near by. Now everything is working and printing correctly.

Thanks again,

MSTechy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back