Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOI Sales Order Payment and eBusiness data

Status
Not open for further replies.

DejaA

Programmer
Jul 2, 2008
US
I've been writing a custom gateway to allow my client's drupal-based website to interact with their established MAS 90 install.

I have about 90% of it complete, but I am completely at a loss for resolving two key issues:

#1 I am able to generate the sales orders without issue, except for entering the payment information. I enter "P" for PaymentTypeCategory$ and the card type (i.e. "VISA") for PaymentType$, and the encrypted version of the credit card number into EncriptedCreditCardNo$, but when I review the Sales Order in the MAS client, under Payment Type it still shows "NONE".

If I change it to "CREDIT CARD" in the MAS 90 client Sales Order Entry form, the masked credit card number shows up, but all of the rest of the payment information is disabled, and I need to manually enter the credit card number there in order to complete the order.

What am I forgetting to do in order to enter the payment information via BOI?

#2 One other issue I'm having is that I can't seem to find the business object I need to access in order to retrieve the product information the client already has stored in their e-Business module. Specifically, I'm looking to get at the long description in the Category Maintenance form of the MAS 90 client.

Thanks in advance for any help with either problem.

Deja

Hello Deja,

You do not need to specify the payment type category.

Make sure you are putting the information into the variables in the proper order -- order is important.

EncryptedCreditCardNumber
PaymentType
Validation (if known)
ExpirationDate
etc.

Basically it needs to be in the same order as on the screen.

Dawn

Thank you so much!

I've been beating my head against that problem for weeks! To think it was something as simple as field order.

It works beautifully, now.

I am, however, still looking for input on accessing the e-business module via BOI, if anyone has managed to achieve that.

I've tried using it, but I can't find the field names anywhere. I was able to figure out CategoryCode$ and CategoryType$, but nothing else I've tried results in any data (Description$, LongDescription$, ExtendedDescription$, etc.)

Is there any way to find a field list? The Standards and Utilities Online Reference is quite lacking in this regard.

You need to review the file layouts guide. It's a CHM file in the MAS 90 system. (I believe the actual file is called FileLayouts.chm.)

Dawn

Heh. Having FileLayouts.chm would have saved me at least a solid week on this project :)

Thank you, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back