Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bogen Paging with Nortel BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

getzjd

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2008
US
Let me start off by saying, I do not know much about the nortel BCM other than the basics such as a few button programming features. One of our users has requested to have the paging feature available on their phone. I just do not know how the heck to set it up. It is working on other phones..

I did find this information in a previous post "If you press Feature 62, you won't get any tone back from the page unit. Page ports are outbound only. As cook said, use a trunk port. Put that trunk in it's own pool, assign an access code to that pool then dial that access code to page."

How would I find the access code to dial? Or how would I program a button on another phone to page?

When I press the page button on a phone where it is working, it displays line 230 on the LCD and beeps just as it should do.

In the BCM unified manager, the programming for that extensions button just states : Type - Line Value - Use Line 230

Thanks in advance!

Jay

Line 230 is attached to your paging device. Excellent info. You just need to add Line 230 as Appear Only on the DN (ext#)of the desired telephone.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back