Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bogen Multicom 2000 help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoominCo

Vendor
Sep 19, 2003
US
A School's Bogen stopped paging any speakers with a Architecture number starting with 3 (3xx) on "allpage" or zone 3 page, all 3xx rooms are still in program group 3.
Numbers 2xx and 1xx work normally. Individual rooms begining with 3 can be paged by dialing their number, and talk back works. Any one have any idea what may have happened? It seemed to be working at close of last school year but no one really remembers.
Bogen tech support is non-existant and the company that installed this thing is out of business.

nothing like a history quiz. i suppose you've tried the normal reboot. sounds like a power (lightning( problem, the all page was controlled by a master relay at one time, there was not a separate fuse for that. i don't suppose anyone moved a strap. the dialed number was strapped to give all page.. again your talking 20 years back and i doubt if you'll find spare parts still. might be to a point to where replacement is the only option

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Actually the Bogen Multicom 2000 is a current product. Bogen will only support dealers. System is a card-cage affair with cards that control various zones. Where are you located? My former colleagues may be able to assist if you're mid-atlantic US.

Mike

thanks i missed the model number, the old bogan 2000 was a relay operated unit, with about 2000 darn relays.. thanks for the catch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

well I'm in South Western Colorado, cattle country, this is a rural school with all 300 students in the same K-12 building!! I know there isn't a Bogen dealer within 200 miles thats why i get to fiddle with it. I'm their Avaya phone guy.
I'm calling Bogen now to get the number of the nearest dealer, & have a tech dispatched.
Thank you both for your input.
Bogen needs to change the way they handle service or they'll lose all bigger installations in the future.
Then again maybe thats the plan, i install several small units every year & just toss 'em when they braek !
thanks again
jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back