Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOExi shows report dates designed in CR in UK format in the US format 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eo

MIS
Apr 3, 2003
Hi

I am on BOExi, CR10 and CRxi.

This is primarily a BOExi request.

Most of our reports show dates (needless to say that these are very important parts of the reports). They were designed in CR10/ CRxi, and we used UK formats (yyyy-mm-dd). This works perfectly well when you generate a report useing CR10/ Crxi. BUT when you publish the report to BOExi, it changes the date format to US format (yyyy-dd-mm).

To resolve the matter, I have made the following changes:

Changed the regional settings on the BOExi server to:
1) In the Regional Options tab:
a) Strandards and formats - English (United Kingdom)
b) Location - United Kingdom
2) In the Advanced tab:
a) Language for non-unicode progs - English (United Kingdom)

Changed the ODBC Connection (configuration):
1) Language of SQL server system messages - British English
2) Use regional settings when outputting currency, numbers, dates and times - TICKED

Does anyone know how to rectify this? It is very important I get this resolved urgently? Is there a setting elsewhere in BOE itself where I should be doing this.

I have rechecked my reports using CR10 and CRxi, not running them using BOExi, and that works fine, so it's almost certainly BOExi specific.

PLEASE HELP!

EO
Hertfordshire, England

What happens if you run them from the desktop application of CR-XI on the same servers that host your ReportJob and Page/Cache services?

Hi

Running them through CR-xi on the 'Enterprise' server provides the correct date formats, but not running them through BOE-xi.

I have received instructions from BO, but not very confident that this will indeed solve the matter. I will let all however know if it does solve the matter.

But in the mean time if you have suggestions let me know.

Thanks,

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Hi,

I've seen the same problem (I think) with XI. Reports viewed through the CMC, and indeed all dates shown in the CMC appear in US format and I haven't been able to find a way to change this.

However, reports viewed through InfoView show as UK format (provided that the current locale has been set to English(UK) in the General Preferences). I also haven't found a way to make UK the default locale for InfoView - if anyone knows more on this then _please_ help.

Cheers,
Darran

What do you mean when you say "provided that the current locale has been set to English(UK) in the General Preferences"? Is this a BOExi setting, or did you mean changing the regional settings to UK?

I received some instructions from BOExi, but this did not seem to work...but let me know what you meant and we might compare notes.

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Within InfoView for each user, in the preferences under the General tab you can set the current locale. You can set this to English (United Kingdom). Reports then show correct UK date format.

I haven't found a way of setting it to that by default though.

What happens if you export a report to PDF format from within the CMC? In my case the dates correctly appear as UK format.

All dates within the CMC appear in US format whether they are schedule dates or dates in a report - I haven't yet found a way of changing this.

What did BOExi suggest?

Cheers,
Darran

The solution from BO was
"The solution for this is to start the services with a user account that has local Admin rights and set the options for this account.
-Create a user account on the server with local Admin permissions (We used an existing one and a domain one) -Stop the following servers: Crystal Reports Page Server, Crystal Reports Job Server, Report Application Server and Web Intelligence Job Server -Double click the Crystal Reports Page Server -In Log On As: specify the above created user.
Repeat the steps for the other servers we have stopped before -Log off
Windows -Log on to Windows as the user you run the servers under -Now set
the Regional Options that you prefer -Restart the above servers" - but as I said this did not work...I will soon try your user pref settings suggestion, maybe the two combined does the trick!

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Tried this, no luck! But you are correct, the dates works fine when the report format is PDF.

EO
Hertfordshire, England

I have tried some of the suggestion said in this thread, but unfortunately they haven't helped me solve my problem. For instance, darran6 mentioned to change the current locale. Unfortunately the list does not include Dutch but only different types of English. After that I tried to change the Language for non-unicode progs like eo mentioned but it told me to reboot the computer for the changes to go in effect. Unfortunately I can not just reboot the server during work hours since its a critical server for our company.

I will see if this fixes my problem tomorrow.

Hi

The solution turned out to be quite simple. Have the user set their own locale in the Preferances section when they have signed on to UK/ local server (I cannot remember which one) (all users must do this whilst signed into CE), this together with their PC Regional settings to UK, and the server settings to UK solves the problem.

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back