Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOEXI Import Wizard from CE8.5 - Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrusso45

Programmer
Feb 10, 2003
US
I am having problems with the import wizard from CE85 to BOEXI. I am trying to import everything from 8.5 and I get a lot of failed transfers. Most of the error mesages say that the File Repository Server Output (or Input) is down. I check on both machines and they are both running these services. Anyone have any ideas?

Is there any chance you have a different number of repository servers between the two installations? (Can you even have more than 1 Input or more than 1 Output server?)

Hi,
Assuming ( I hope) that they are in different locations, be sure the account that the servers are running under has full rights to that location..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

You can, but I don't. I have one of each on each server (8.5 and XI)

So far in my testing, I have determined that the import works ok as long as I don't try to transfer saved or scheduled instances along with the report. (which is basically useless for us, since I need those schedules badly)

I think I found the problem. One of the reports in the import had a bogus connection string, and I think it was crashing the servers, which then restarted automatically when the import completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back