Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOExi and csp pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

huggyd

Programmer
Nov 26, 2001
GB
I'm trying to run some csp pages against BOExi (on IIS 5.1 XP for testing purposes).
In CE10 the WCS was used for csp pages but that's been removed.
So what do I use for the mapping settings at the website levelwhat do you map .csp and .cwr calls?

Enterprise XI does not support .CSP pages out of the box now. You will need to modify your installtion and add "Crystal 10 Web Desktop support" using add remove programs.

However, it would be best if you start writng your custom site using Asp.net or JSP as .csp support will probably be dropped all together soon.

Hi,
Or 'classic' asp - it works fine, so far..

( To convert csp pages to asp pages may be as simple as adding the meta-tag

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>
[/color ]
at the very top of each .asp page that was a .csp page ( before any other tags))

CSP's default scripting language was JavaScript, while ASP's is VBScript - instead of rewriting all the Javascript-specific code to its VBScript version ( dim instead of var, etc.) just reset the global language ...

I have found no issues so far in converting .csp to .asp using this method...But...Time will tell.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back