Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOE 11.5 compatability with MS Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCVerke

Technical User
Aug 20, 2002
US
We are running BO Enterprise 11.5.10.1263
It does not appear to work with MS Ecell 2007 or MS Access 2007 as data sources.
1. Is it truly not compatible or do we have some setting or patches that need to be applied?
2. How about SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0?
Thank You

Ido,
Thank you for replying to my Tech-Tips post about Business Objects Enterprise compatibility with either MS Excel 2007 or MS Access 2007.
I have successfully connected Crystal Reports Developer V 11.0.0 (Full) with Excel or Access 2007 by using System DSN data sources configured on my workstation with drivers compatible with .xlsx and .accdb. Those work just fine.
Tjhe problem is when the said report is published to business Objects Enterprise V 11 that the incompatibility arises.
Upon Preview, I get the error "Failed to open connections. MS Access 2007 as data source".
Is BO Enterprise V 11 totally incompatible with Access 2007, or is there something within the Enterprise CMC that needs to be set up or patches applied?
SAP's business Objects BI 4.0 is the next version we would likely upgrae to in our migration path. Is it compatable with MS Excel and Access 2007?
Regards,
Harlan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back