Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bob addins

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBall

Programmer
May 23, 2001
GB
Hi,
I've seen reference to add-ins, specifically a productivity add-ins, in documentation and exapmles, but I can't find any add-ins on my machine.
I didn't set up BOb so I don't know whether it's an optional install or whether it's an optional purchase.
I can't see anything about add-ins on their website either.
They seem to hold really useful functionality that some might argue should be in the base product - I would !
Can someone enlighten me ?
thanks,
Graham

Hi,

The add-ins mentioned are included in the Business Objects Software Development Kit (BOSDK) which unfortunately, must be acquired as a separate product. The kit includes the BusinessObjects Object Model with explanations of the objects accessible for programming in their VBA environment.

This includes Reporter, Designer, ReportViewer and the creation of VBA Data Provider Cubes through a combination of SQL and VB.

An additional kit is available for Webi which gives a semi-working version of WebIntelligence in ASP.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back