Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

boarder color...... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

egapogi

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
PH
Hi,

Why can't I change the boarder color on my textbox/combobox....

I also tried changing the appearance of the combbobox to FLAT from 3D, but my comboxbox remained sunken?

Thanks..

Try using the controls from MS Forms 2.0 (Add reference under PROJECT|CONTROLS and check the Microsoft Forms 2.0.

With these you can set the Bordercolor and Border styles

Thanks... but can i distribute MS Forms 2.0?

If the client has any component of MS Office installed (Word, Excel,etc.), Front Page, Microsoft Project, etc, etc, then they should have the DLL on their machine, in which case you do not need to distribute anything relating to this DLL.

MS Forms is installed with any Office project; It is not listed in the VB redistribution list; It falls under the cat. of Microsoft Shared - Vba files; Strange enough I found a duplicate of the DLL in my VB6 directory;
It is even installed with Microsoft® Office XP or Microsoft Office 2000.

As hard as I normally am on an issue like this, I am not worrying about it too much in this case. It is not like your installing an interface to another MS application files (xls, mdb, etc) and the user doesn't have a licenced version of the Application installed.

Another way of making a colored border around a ComboBox or Text box is to create a Shape a little larger than the Text box and set its' fill color (works great - been doing it for years).

Do you want to read something really stupid that I just found?

This is straight from MS:

"The Fm20.dll is NOT redistributable. You must have an application such as Microsoft Office 97 on the target system that installs Fm20.dll as part of its setup. (Fm20.dll is included with the OSR2 and OSR2.5 releases of Windows 95.) You can also find this file on the Visual Basic 5.0 CD under the \TOOLS\DataTool\Datatool\Msdesign folder. This will be installed only if you run the setup for the Visual Database Tools. In any case, you may not distribute the Fm20.dll as part of your setup, even if you purchase the Microsoft Office Developer Edition product."
!!!!!!!!!

But, in the same breath they say:

"As an alternative to having your end users install Microsoft Office, you can have them freely download and install the Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad, which also installs the Fm20.dll. For more information, see the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
Microsoft ActiveX Control Pad

???????!!!!!!!!!

So I say do not redistribute it! It will probably already be already on most systems and if not then follow the MS advice above!

That was a great source of information...

Thanks CCLINT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back