Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XIR2 -Limiting access to Administrative tools 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaleph

MIS
Dec 3, 2006
GB
Hi,
We are using XIR2 With Java.
How can I stop BO users logging in and accessing the administrative tools such as Manage Groups and User Accounts ?

I hoped there would be a CMC Screen to prevent access to these.

Regards.

Al.

Login to the CMC, and click on the "Business Objects Enterprise Applications" link.
Click on Central Management Console, then on the the Rights tab.
If you click on "Advanced" to the right of the Everyone group, you can give them Deny them Access to be able to login to the application.

~Brian

Thank you.Unfortunately this only prevents use of the cmc
not the Administrative Tools such as Query Builder,Schedule Manager.

Al.

Does your users use InfoView as the standard front end? If so, why do they need to access the whole Launchpad environment at all? We have set up a redirect ( that redirects them to and only distribute this to the BO users. The Launchpad URL is only known and used by the BO administrators. That way standard BO users are not even confronted with the options listed above.

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Thanks EO,but if I tell my IT auditors "The Launchpad URL is only known and used by the BO administrators" they will
tear me apart.
All it takes is a malicious person to note the Launchpad url.

Al.

I suggest that you give access to BO Administrators to LaunchPad as fail safe 1. Then set up the security to the CMC as suggested by bdreed35 above as fail safe 2. Then make sure you Administrator password is known only by the official BO Administrators as a fail safe 3. In theory standard users will still be able to access the Admin Tools in the LaunchPad, but (for example) Schedule Manager - I suspect what they can, and cannot do within that function will still be driven by their user profile rights. So If they can schedule report 1 in folder A in InfoView, they will be able to do it in the Schedule manager. Thus no difference, and your Internal Auditors should not have a problem with that...?

EO
Hertfordshire, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back