Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI solve the RTF limitation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMcNamara

Programmer
Jun 24, 2002
US
Here is an old post of mine. My questions is for anyone who has worked with or otherwise has knowledge of Business Objects XI. Was this issue fixed in XI?

I have many, many reports with memo fields that contain RTF text. I would like to give the user an option to ignore the RTF formatting and just show the plain text. As of Crystal Reports 9, only three options are available for the Text Interpretation - crRTFText, crHTMLText, and crUninterpretedText. The crRTFText option shows the text properly formatted. The crHTMLText & crUninterpretedText options show the RTF formatting tags. Anyone have a way to ignore the formatting information and just simply show the text?

So, in short, I want a parameter where the user could choose to ignore the RTF formatting and the text would appear as text, which would then be formattable by the user within the report.

Crystal XI has an "editable RTF" format that is a bit less exact on positioning but indeed gives the user the ability to edit the text.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Curious what you mean when you say 'a bit less exact on positioning'?

And, just to be clear, are you saying that if two users enter text into a single memo field, one using 14 point red lettering and the other using 20 point blue lettering, that I can show the text entered by both users in my report as 10 point black lettering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back