Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO XI Pending-to-Running-to-Pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbateman

Programmer
Jul 6, 2004
GB
I have a collection of reports that have worked perfectly on the test installation/universe, but on production they hang when scheduled.

They work in Preview, but if scheduled (I've tried a variety of combinations of settings) the report goes to Pending, then to Running, then to Pending, then to...when you get the idea!

Anybody had the same problem?

Check the Event Viewer, in the Application log for any useful messages.

If the Universe uses ODBC, you could turn on the ODBC Trace and see if there is any hints from there.

Build a 1 field report from the same universe and see if it can be scheduled successfully.

What sort of report is it?(Webi, Deski or Crystal)

What version of XI are you running? (XI, XI and SP1, XI R2, XI R2 and SP1 etc.)

The reports are Crystal.

Running on BO XI R2.

The most basic of the reports are only 6 fields and one group, so it doesn't get much simpler. And the test and production installations are allegedly identical.

Will check the event viewer and try the ODBC trace, I've been patiently waiting for one report to end for an error message, but that isn't about to happen.

It turned out the Crystal Job Server had corrupted. Have re-installed it and all is fine.

How did you determine this?

Was there anything in the Event Viewer?

'Determine' is a bit of a strong word!

I didn't even have chance to look at the event log.

Another guy on the team mentioned that some times the occasional BO server will corrupt. Was the first I'd ever heard of it happening, but it got it all working.

Good ol' intuition and experience eh? Well I'm happy for you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back