Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO-VBA "Project or Library Not found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusObj

MIS
Apr 23, 2001
US
hI
Im getting this compiler error when i open a BO report that has a piece of code
call Lp_showform in its Document_OPen event

The debugger stops at this Call stamenet itself, giving me this error..

I ve checked all the references, Im using Microsoft ADO2.0 object library.
But it strikes at this very first line.. giving this error..
Can anyone suggest , what could be the possible problem ?

Thanks
Kkay

Are you calling a sub or function from within the document?

If not and the call is to a routine in an add-in (rea file) then you must have a reference to the rea that you are using.

Yep! im calling a sub from within the document.

It gives me the error in a specific system where im trying to run my BO document.
and it runs fine in my system.

In the document_open event, i have a sub, from where, im calling a form.
It strikes on the form_initialize event itself.

What could be the problem?

thanks
Kkay

I am confused by your statement theat it runs on your machine not on the other system.

Since it sounds like your code is executing on your machine then either the form or a reference is missing on the user's machine.

This typically means that the user's machine is missing one of the needed components. (i.e. ADO 2.0 is not referenced or the MDAC software is not on the machine). If any component is missing you begin to get errors in basic VB functions even though their is nothing wrong with them. This is because the referencing function gets lost in the decision making process. The culprit in question usually has the words **MISSING** in front of the unchecked item. But this would be on the "user's" machine not yours.

Of course, In my machine, everything is fine.

I checked for the "MISSING" in that system.., And of course, few of them has this MISSING keyword in front of the unchecked item , but ADO2.0 library is fine.
Thanks for the thought, anyway.

But, how can i check if this "MDAC " software is installed on the machine or not. and what is this MDAC for ?
could u pl throw some light on it

Kkay.

MDAC is the Microsoft Data Access Components for connectivity to the Database.

You mentioned that some items had the **MISSING** next to them. Which ones specfically had these errors? This error means that certain components are missing.

The things that had this "MISSING" were insignificant, Those were like microsoft Data bound List and grid controls, which i had checked in my machine(but not i was not using them)

Btw, By what means, can i check if MDAC is installed on that machine.

Kkay.

If MDAC is present on the user's machine the following entry will appear on their list of
References that are available for selection.

Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 (earlier versions are 2.1, 2.0, etc...) in your case
it should be Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.0.

- which is the version I am currentyly using to support ADO recordsets. Earlier versions will support RDO recordsets.

Also if you checked off other references for your project, even if you do not use any functionality or controls the compiler still looks for them. It would be better to eliminate the references that are not being used and then try it again on the user's machine. ANY **MISSING** warnings on a machine will cause you problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back