Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

BazzaCam

MIS
Jun 7, 2007
GB
Does anyone know how to creat a variable and then use it as a filter in business objects XI? I am basically trying to build a report that will run with a filter of the date runing from todays date to todays date back 30 days.

This has to be done in the universe.

It depends on your database. For example, in Oracle, you need a filter object that has something like:

table.date between sysdate() and sysdate()-30

Steve Krandel
Intuit

thank you I thought that might be the case! but was hoping that something could be done in the reporting environment with out having something performed in the universe design enviroment.

Thanks again

I have a standard set of date measures that I set up in all of our universes:

Yesterday
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
Last Month
Last Year.

I then use those to create filters that are easy for the users.

I'm not sure how it works with other databases, but in Oracle a measure set up using just "sysdate" and no actual datafields won't parse in Designer. I just ignore the errors when I'm validating because they work fine in the reports.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

In other databases the situation is identical, though the object 'sysdate' is specific for Oracle.
The parser expects a tablename in the syntax, which is not applicable for these dateobjects.

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back