Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO v11.5 - Run report two based on the results of report one

Status
Not open for further replies.

codemonkey77

Programmer
Feb 17, 2005
GB
Guys,

In BO v11.5, I've two basic reports set to run each night which return the number of stock items.

Example of report one:

-----------------
| Apple | 2 |
| Banana | 3 |
| Melon | 5 |
-----------------

I have four further, more detailed reports set up, one each for Apple, Banana, Melon and Orange and these are automatically emailed out. If Orange is not showing in Report 1 (ie, there are no oranges for that day), can I prevent report 2 for Orange from running?

Regards,
James

Report 1 is scheduled nightly to create an excel spreadsheet containing product id and name.

Report 2 is scheduled to run after the creation of the spreadsheet (use a file event) and uses the spreadsheet as one of its tables and is joined to other tables via the product id. With an Equal Join only data for the products appearing in the spreadsheet will appear in the report.

Another option is in the report for 'Oranges', if no records show up for the day then don't email the report. You can do this by setting up an alert on the report.

See thread782-1406799 on how to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back