Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO Universe filtering

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnorris5387

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2008
US
Ok, here is a Universe that only has buckets for a month-to-date and Year-to-date and I need a weekly report run. I have other information that is weekly and works and the month-to-date is working fine. How do I apply a filter to the month to date column? Wishing on a simple solution. Thanks to all who can help. I can email screen shots if you think you can help.

You can't invent data.

Do you have dates to use to make weeks?

Steve Krandel
Intuit

I do not have days to make weeks in the universe. There is the weekly information available on one of the buckets, and on the other there is the month-to-date, quarterly, and year-to date. I am newer to BO and I am not sure if the month-to-date bucket could be filtered to only provide a range (week) of what is in it. Seems like there could be an applied filter to that bucket in the report that would allow it. Thanks for the help in advance.

It's not a BO issue. If you had to write SQL yourself, do you have the fields in the database to do what you want? If you do, then you can build the objects in the universe to do the filtering.

Sounds like you need a current week filter or something like it.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back