Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlbo

MIS
Mar 26, 2002
GB
'lo all,
looking at a couple of BO courses (Advanced Report Writing and Universe Design) - have found a company called Acuma. Does anyone have any experience of training (BO or otherwise) with this company ?? Are they any good ??

Rgds, Geoff

Never test the depth of water with both feet

Help us to help you by reading FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Hi,

Went on their Universe Designer course a few years ago and found it very good. They teach from the offical guide but they apply good working examples

They would get my vote

Excellent - thank you very much. I've seen a few BO courses about but few of them seem to be "official"

Rgds, Geoff

Never test the depth of water with both feet

Help us to help you by reading FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Make sure they are still a partner. They very likely are. But many partners have not renewed this year for various reasons. I hate to see people support the black market for training.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

I went on their Dimensional Modelling for the Data Warehouse course a couple of years ago. Again I found it very useful and they gave good working examples and supporting documentation. It was held at the Bus Obj offices in Maidenhead and I presume they still have close relationship with Bus Objects. I would recommend them based on that experience.

Acuma have recently received the Gold Standard from the Institute of IT Training (whoever they are).

They are a large company, and in fact we use them as product support / helpdesk instead of BO themselves.

The trainers are good, and are rotated through helpdesk and customer work so understand the real world.

I, and my collegues have been on several excellent courses at their Manchester site

(This looks a bit glowing, but I have no personal benefit in recommending them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back