Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO External list criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow71

Technical User
Mar 3, 2004
US
Good day to you all. I have loosly browsed through the forums here and can't quite find my question being addressed (I'm sure this isn't a new thing I am asking, but I'm just not finding anything).

My question:

Is there a (simple) way to create a report that will list information based on an external list of values (a parts list). What makes this tricky is that this parts list could contain approximately 1000 different values (so it makes manually selecting or entering these in BO not very practical), and it can & will frequently change. Furthermore, the users running this report will not have the ability to load this parts list to a database.

I think I already know the answer - unless you can put the values in a table that can then be joined in the query there isn't really a way to do this. But, before I accept this as being the final answer I wanted to check with you experts here first.

Thanks for your help!

Shadow71

There's a way to load a file through the parameters menu in CR (most versions if not all). The only issue is you have to open the report in design every time you change this list. There are rumours this will be fixed in v11 where you'll be able to update this dynamically. But if you need it updated dynamically right now, there's an add-in for Crystal Enterprise that does it (see
Hope this helps.

Please delet/close this thread...I posted in the wrong area (this is a BO question, not CR). Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back