Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO Data Integrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADB1

Programmer
Aug 24, 2001
GB
Has anybody looked at, or evaluated Business Objects Data Integrator? I am also looking at Ascential Datastage for ETL too. Has anyone compared these two tools?

Thanks,

Adam.

Hey Adam,

we are currently evaluating Data Integrator and have also looked at Ascential... Ascential is big $$$ and seems complex to use...

were looking for industrial strength, high throughput solution... I've done a lot of ETL before and worked with Informatica (which I do not like at all for many reasons)

I'll post my findings when we finish our evaluation.

Regards,
Peter

Peter,

Would you mind sharing the reasons why you didn't like Informatica and what impressed you about Ascential tool... Maybe we can have it offline and not here since this forum is devoted to BO...

Thanks
Sri

So what did you decide? I'm genuinely interested, and more in the 'why's you applied to the decision-making process than which tool you chose to use - although it helps to line that decision up with the qualifiers used to make it. I've used all the tools mentioned in this thread (tools, not solutions, although there ares some real solutions BUILT and PACKAGED with these tools) and more than a few others that aren't mentioned, and I presume not evaluated. I've even sold a few of them. <wink>

Pero pase lo que pase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back