Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BO 4.1.6 Doc_Agent errors - Can't export document

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBSkippy

Programmer
Aug 7, 2000
US
I'm attempting to send reports to the Doc Agent server and they seem to run fine (I'm just refreshing the data in them), but then I never receive the reports back. When I view the log, the error field states "Error. Cannot export the document". I have the documents already in the repository, so what is the problem here? Neither document is excessively large, and each runs just fine when a user refreshes it. These reports have run fine prior to modification, but the only modification that I've put in is that each of them now have a subquery which uses the "Max" function. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Have you tried refreshing the report on the Doc Agent server itself using fulll client BO ? Try it, you will have to find the exe manually as you will not have a short cut for it.

Can you export a document from the DAS machine ? You will find you may get a more usefull error message when running it through full client.

I have been on the Doc Agent server machine and refreshed and exported documents from it without a problem. In both cases I was using full client BO. I have also refreshed the report using full client on the DAS machine, then sent it to the DAS, and it still failed. Thanks for the suggestions, though! Any other help?

IBSkippy,
What version of BO are you using? If you are still on 4.1, and receiving this message Export of Report to Repository. Could not export: STATUS 22394 ORA - 00001 UNIQUE CONSTRAINT VIOLATED, then this is a bug in 4.1 and you will need to upgrade to at least 4.1.4.

B

Sorry about the omission: BO ver 4.1.4. I am able to export the report using full client, but unfortunately, DocAgent's error messages are not very descriptive. All the explanation I get from it is that "Error, export failed." Thanks for the help!

Where are you guys based ? Still using V4.1.4 this is quite out of date now. Do you still get support from BusinessObjects ? I thought support for V4 expired at the end of 2000 ?

We no longer get support from BO for 4.1.4/6. However, we are in the midst of an upgrade to 5.1, so we have another contract with BO for assistance. Unforunately, it doesn't cover assistance with legacy versions. Based in Overland Park, KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back