Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BMS software installation database 127.0.0.1 cannot connect to DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

oshinwa

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2015
BE
Hi,

I have a problem to install BMS-software. I have followed the installation and have installed a database on "127.0.0.1".

When I open the program BMS Server, it loads but says: 'cannot connect to DB'.

Can anyone help me to fix it? or why it doesn't want to connect.

ps: i followed everything the help function said, and have tried on 3 different computers but still no luck.

Here's some more information:
My system: BP250
I work with Aastra DT690's.
BMS 5.3.4

I followed the setup as it should be. In attachment where you can choose 'User database server'.

In the attachment a pic of the localhost 'List of excisting Systems could not be read'.

Instead of choosing option "connect to database server 127.0.0.1" use second option to install SQL 200x...be sure that you have admin right on that machine, that you have installed .NET as per requirement for that BMS version (depends of SQL (2005 or 2008)). Also, find a latest version of BMS because 5.3.4 had a problem with detection of already installed SQL2008...

BR

Hi, thanks for answering.

ok, have installed sql 2008. but i don't have enough knowledge to use sql 2008 :/

I opened sql management studio 2008,do I have to create something there to make a database in order for BMS on 127.0.0.1 to see that there is an existing database it can use to connect?
ps. sorry for my bad english.

Tx

try this command in a dos box:
osql -U -sa

When you get back 1> SQL is OK but when you get back an error message something is wrong.

When you have installed SQL manually and not with the automatic BMS installation you should set:
-authentication should be mixed mode, windows only is not working
-sa password should be Ericsson123, otherwise you have to change the oamserverproperties file
-use standard instance, when you use a named instance you have to change the TCP port in the oamserverproperties file
-TCP/IP should be activated as protocol
-the oamdb is created automatically when the BMS connects the first time with the SQL

Follow what xs650 posted...but why installing SQL separately? SQL express is included in BMS install package an if you follow my instruction, it will be installed and configured during BMS install.

BR

error message indeed.

In attachment pictures of what i did. I selected the 'Install SQL Server 2008 Express". (i have admin right, have installed .NET.
I got the BMS software 5.3.4 + standard license from a phone company a week ago and have been trying ever since.

Choosing SQL 2008 install(pic 1) + it's extracting files from sql 2008 (pic 2).
What else do i have to do?

BMS server still doesn't connect to DB.

Found it!

Apparently there was an old trace of SQL on the computer, so it couldn't connect. Had to uninstall all SQL files, and then try again. Also I couldn't click right away on the 'Finish' button. It had to load longer.

All is working now. tx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back