Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BMP to JPEG File Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pintail

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
US
I have a few photos in BMP format that I would like to convert to JPG or JPEG format. Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions. (Not sure where best to post this ?)

windows comes with an photo editing software. just open the file with that, and file/save as ... change the filetype to jpg

Is that a function of XP or all Windows versions? I am using both 95 and 98. If that is part of 95/98, problem solved! Thanks for the quick response. Some things are to obvious.

i'm pretty sure it's in 98, and 2000

If you have office XP it also has a photo editing software.

try either kodak imaging or ms paint.

Even Paintbrush can perform this function in win98, not sure about win95. If not you can download Serif photoPlus 5 for free at and that does loads of other useful photo editing stuff.

I dont think the win95 version has that feature at least, no jpg listed.

If you are doing batches try Paint Shop Pro ( It has the facility to do large batches in a convert.

Thanks to all that responded. Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back