Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bm12 sidecars with 9611 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

afig

Programmer
Nov 30, 2007
US
Good morning,

I have been having issues with the bm12 sidecars attached to the 9611s. I have 4 9611s originally set up with 1 BM12. Occasionally, the sidecars would lose their labels and would have to be reset.

Recently, I added 2 additional BM12s to each 9611. I have noticed that 2 of the 9611s with the 3 BM12s have been working properly, but the other 2 9611s with the 3 BM12s keep acting odd. On one of them, the first and third BM12 populate their AD and labels properly, but the middle one acts like it wasn't programmed.

I've triple-checked that the IEEE switch is in the 'H' position. During some research I kept seeing mention about throwing a PoE injector on the main line into the phone, that the switch port possibly isn't strong enough for the haul. The switch is relatively new, and the phones aren't more than 100' from the switch.

It doesn't harm to put in a PoE injector even if it is close to the switch. That has resolved a lot of issues as somehow I seem to remember that only a single BM12 is supported with PoE and all additional need the injector looped in.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

@Westi

So i threw the PoE injector in, about 5 hours later the users noticed the middle car went out again. Whats odd, is that the buttons work, but the labels disappear (which effectively makes them useless)

Could there be a firmware mismatch or something going on between the 3 sidecars and the phone itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back