Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BM12 button colours 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwgs811

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2010
CA
Anyone know what the different BLF colours mean or when one is used over the other.

I have 2 different systems and one is using red for BLF, and the other is green.

Red vs green?

This is due to different Firmware on the H.323 phones.

If you're referring to H.323 9611G, 9608G, BM12, etc. The phones displaying the Red BLF is probably running firmware 6.85.02 or similar. Shortly after this release, Avaya switched the BLF colour to Green in the later firmware.

If you prefer Red, downgrade the H.323 9611G, 9608G, etc. firmware to 6.85 -
If you prefer Green, use the latest release 6.8.5.4 -
Another advantage of using the later firmware is that it fixes an issue with the SBM24, meaning you can use the SBM24 with the 96X1 handsets instead of a BM12. Note the SBM24 only displays RED LEDS, not Red/Green like the BM12.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Thanks - I wonder why they changed the colours?

I was wondering if both colours are used at the same time (e.g. to indicate different statuses), but seems like it's one or the other.

Not sure why they changed the colour to Green. Personally, I prefer Red.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back