Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blurry Monitor screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ack79

Technical User
Feb 4, 2003
US
My monitor (19" crt) has suddenly (overnight) become very blurry. The edges are relatively sharp, but the center of the screen is quite blurry - barely legible. It also seems to randomly slightly expand and contract a little.

Should I try to have this fixed, or is it time for a new one.

first, how long did u have this crt? old crts become dim, cuz the tube starts weakening if you often turn you monitor on and off (this is why energy star invented standby and suspend) but i never heard of it becoming blurry. prob somebody played with the controls while u were away. do you have a reset function on you monitor? reset to factory settings? if so, use it. play around with the controls, theres got to be a focus setting.

lol a mate of mine has a 17" AOC monitor and it is totally blurry, i thought it was just me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back