Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blured Logo in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebjo

Technical User
Jan 31, 2004
DE
hi,

I have created a logo in Adobe Illustrator and then imported it into word as a graphic in the jpeg format. It looks very blurred. Is there a certain way I need to set up the Logo to make it sharp edged as it should be?

Hi sebjo,

If possible, try saving your logo as a TIFF file,
this will improve quality allot.

Or enlarge the picture in Adobe , save it, insert it in word and reduce the size, this should also improve quality

With regards

Mike

Mikeb1970,

Can't thank you enough for the information. I had tried so many different ways but this seems to be the only one that works! Why does something as straight forward as this have to be done in such an awkward way?

Greets Seb

Unfortunately I must add that the tip on scaling up the logo before exporting and then scaling it back down in word
does only work until you save and close the file. After reopening the same file is blurred again! This leaves me with the same problem. Any other solutions?

Thanks
Seb

Hi Sebjo,

I must admit i'm not a very excperienced user of pictures in office docs, but i think i located the problem

Right click on the logo when you insterted it, choose format picture

On the picture tab, you should have a bottom below that says compress, click this, then again at bottom you have two options, compress pictures and crop.............;

turn both of these of, and save your file and reopen it

btw you will get a warning from word about saving disk space and bla bla bla, just ignore, you want this logo to look good

If this doesn't do the trick, i will need some time to find another solution

With regards

Mike

Mikeb1970
I really appreciate your help. Turning the compression off should really solve the problem. Unfortunately for what reason I don't know the compression settings always turn back to there default state and never save with the doc. Possibly something I'm doing wrong.

greets
sebjo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back