Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bluetooth or no teeth at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaapvs

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2001
NL
Ok, this sounds a bit like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find an answer to it.
I've got a (Compaq) IPAQ 3850 and after doing a ROMupgrade to ppc2003, I got an error, that Bluetooth could not be initialized (due to insufficient memory).
After reading all documentation on the HP-site regarding the IPAQ 3850, all I could find, was that Bluetooth is integrated in some models, but they fail to mention which.
When I look at the system settings, there is a Bluetooth section, but it's empty. This might be because it fails to initialize, but it might also be because it's not integrated in this IPAQ at all.

Does anybody know how I can find out if Bluetooth is integrated in this model?

AFAIK the 3850 does not have bluetooth, certainly not as standard, I think the 3870 was the bluetooth enabled model in that range. Yours doesn't have a bluetooth cf card in it?

Re the error message, one ipaq here had the same error after installing a large app, and the whole bluetooth manager was missing. Sorted after a soft reset though.

You're probably right about the 3850, but I still would like to be certain though. A CF card I would have noticed.
To deal with the error, I removed the BTTrayCE.lnk from my startup directory so it doesn't keep popping up after a reset.
A while ago I mailed HP-dut.support about this, but they are probably still hibernating.
By the way: Dut.support is the Dutch HP-section but "dut" means "to sleep" in Dutch, hence the pun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back