Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Thumbnails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejazz

Programmer
Nov 3, 2000
US
I've been using PageMaker for about 10 years to produce a 150 page black & white mail order catalog.

I've noticed that some of the thumbnails are blue where most are just black & white.

It doesn't cause any problem ("if it ain't broke ... don't fix it!") but curosity is getting the better of me. Does anybody have an idea of what causes blue thumbnails? No wise cracks about my work location in upstate New York where 20 below is a common winter temperature. [Grin!]

Currently using 6.5 but switching to 7.0 after the next catalog goes out.

How are you creating your thumbnails?

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Within Acrobat I replace the target PDF page with its updated version. Once the replacement is made its thumbnail is grayed out so I right click on the thumbnail and then click on the "Create All Thumbnails" option.

I get to the full catalog file in the first place by clicking the file's pdf icon from Windows Explorer but I've been doing it so long that I'm not sure now if I'm creating the thumbnail through Acrobat Reader or Distiller or what. It's become second nature. (Can't be Distiller!)

Thanks for your response. The curosity is killing me!

Hi, davejazz,

I wasn't expecting an answer like that.

davejazz said:
I get to the full catalog file in the first place by clicking the file's pdf icon from Windows Explorer.
Within Acrobat I replace the target PDF page with its updated version
It seems to me to be an Acrobat issue, not a PM one.
forum223

Or have Imissed something.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back