Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieSara

Technical User
Oct 31, 2004
US
Ok sometimes when i move my laptop from one place to another i get a bluescreen for a micro of a second. and then it reboots. It tells me its recovered from a serious error yada yada yada. Ok so i click send report and it says my system has crashed from a device driver. Ok so how do i find the bad one here because i uninstalled all the programs that I installed recently and it STILL does it.

someone help me plz i am desperate :p

Sounds like hardware to me, maybe a short or the battery sliding around.

"I would rather have a free bottle in front of me, than a pre-frontal lobotomy..."

-Shrubble

well i did a diagnostic on the harddrive and it said the read element failed. i am getting a hold of the company

I have a Dell Inspirion 5100 that is running XP SP2 and it does pretty much the same thing. I haven't run the diagnostic on the HD yet, but it only happens say, every 3 or 4 weeks, so I am not really worried. If you get any news from whatever company you contact, post it here for some help for us. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back