Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BLUE SCREEN WITH SYMTDI.SYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

leilani07

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2005
US
Server has been blue screening everyday at the same time. When blue screen comes up it has the symtdi.sys. We recently removed NAV and installed Macafee. There are no back ups the run at this time so I elimanted back up. Could this be caused by a bad uninstall of NAV. Does anyone know? Is there instructions for manually removing NAV from the server. I believe this is a file from Symantec and is the cause of the crashed. I could be wrong.

Nothing comes in the event log....Nothing comes in around the time the system crashes. It crashes everyday about the same time within minutes of each other. One day it may be 5.29pm the next day it may be 5.30pm but within minutes of each other

FYI..If anyone gets this same error in the future. It is a Mcafee issue!

And what may the isseu be dear forum user ?

lars

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Well it is a Mcafee combined with Veritas. We all ready had Veritas Backup Exec loaded. I guess this program has a VSP.SYS file(Veritas Snapshot Provider) driver. A few drivers for Mcafee such as the TDI port driver causes a "hole" in the operating system causing bounces. In turn causes the crash. Anyway they had me install the newer version of virus scan(8.0i). That still didn't help. Then they had me disable the TDI port driver, buffer overflow, and the scan script. This worked. Anyway, they suggested I either disable this VSP.sys driver or uninstall the program. Well I am not going to unistall the program. Anyway, these features are still disabled so my server won't crash.

Ok that's what we wanna know and that's why we are here in the first place so thanxs for sharing.

Regards lars

Network admin for worldwide freight forwarders company.
mcp mcsa\: Messaging mcse -2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back