Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Screen of Death 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAK

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2000
US
Can anyone tell me why on a number of workstations I'am getting the blue screen when access mainframe with a 3270 display adapter?

the blue screen will tell you what the problem is look at it carefully.

To Clarify what DougP was saying if you look at the first 2 lines of text at the top of the blue screen you can plug the stop error code into Tech Net and it will give you the known scenarios for the error code. You can also find translations of what the hex codes at the top of the blue screen are. I hope this helps some.

Blue screen message is <br>
Stop: 0x000000a(0x00000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80129003)<br>
irql_not_less_or_equal *** address 80129dd3 has base 80100000 - ntoskrnl.exe<br>
<br>
I have taken the virus protection off.<br>
Tried resetting pageing file in virtual memory.<br>
Could thr drivers for the 3270 card be the problem?<br>
I'am running SP 5

There is a thread in this forum about that very problem. You may have to go through the next 10 threads a couple of times to see it. It's titled &quot;Blue Screen of Death II.&quot; The answer from MasterRacker is excellent. The following is was taken from his post...<br>
<br>
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL<br>
The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is caused by a buggy device driver or an actual hardware conflict. If you’ve recently added new hardware to your system, try removing it and see if the error goes away. Likewise, if you’ve recently loaded a new device driver, you might try using ERD Commander Professional Edition, by Winternals Software, to temporarily disable the new driver and see if the problem goes away.<br>
<br>
<p>James P. Cottingham<br><a href=mailto:main@ivcusa.com>main@ivcusa.com</a><br><a href= Veneer Co., Inc.</a><br>All opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Mardawg I am intrigued by the <br>
&quot;you can plug the stop error code into Tech Net&quot;<br>
I got on MS sites and signed up for tech net<br>
but where do you put in the STOP code???<br>
Stop: 0x000000a(0x00000018, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80129003)<br>
to find what the error is?<br>
Or am I missing something.<br>

I believe Mardawg means to do a search on the code. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

OK I'm dense, tell me in a step by step method.<br>
I am really interested in knowing how to troubleshoot the error codes.

There was a good article in the Windows NT Systems magazine awhile back about this. You will need to go to their site at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> then click &quot;Archive Issues.&quot; From there, click November 1999. About half way down you should see &quot;Diagnosing the Blue Screen of Death.&quot;<br>
<br>
Good Luck!<br>
<p>James P. Cottingham<br><a href=mailto:main@ivcusa.com>main@ivcusa.com</a><br><a href= Veneer Co., Inc.</a><br>All opinions are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

I'm not familiar with the web based TechNet, I use the CD subscription. You use part of the error message as a keyword in a search and usually can find what you need. That may also work in the online knowledge base at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back