Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Screen Mxdisk.sys Page fault in non paged area 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squrl79

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2002
US
I was happily sitting at my computer watching movies. when all of the sudden. the screen turned blue and it said that it had an error and it was shutting down to save my computer from damage.

The error said that it was caused by the file mxDisk.sys
"page fault in non-paged area"

now when my computer boots up it says error loading operating system.

I thank all of you for your help in advance.

You could try a repair (reinstalls on top of existing, keeps your current data & settings) - boot from XP install, choose install new & then it should find your existing installation and offer Repair option - type R to accept. It then continues much like a new install).

Try Safe Mode (Do you have this problem in Safe Mode?) and load the "Last known good configuration" option.

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

An easy to follow recovery console description when unable to start computer due to corrupt registry.

Click on Tutorial then the Charlie White article on XP crash.
This is a laymans version of Q307545 in simple language.

I only get error loading operating system. I immediatly blamed my maxtor drive and obtained an RMA # to have it replaced. although being without a computer for a week or so bothers me quite a bit. (i would have to spend way to much time at work to satisfy my cravings) I believe i will once again try to get this thing to boot from a cd. as it would not before. on another note can i trade my 1.5ghz dell for a good working apple G4 I just want a computer i can use

(The error) it was caused by the file mxDisk.sys

Record data in the Bugcheck information and Driver information sections for later reference.
Record and evaluate suggestions in the Recommended user action section. Stop messages typically provide troubleshooting tips relevant to the error.
Check the Stop message Debug port and dump status section (as shown in Figure C.1) to verify that Windows XP Professional successfully dumped memory contents to the paging file and proceed with your troubleshooting efforts.
After you resolve the problem or at least able to start the computer, you can copy the memory dump file to another location, such as removable media, for further evaluation. Analyzing memory dump files can assist you with identifying root causes by providing you with detailed information about the system state when the Stop message occurred. For more information about creating and analyzing memory dump files, see "Memory Dump Files" earlier in this appendix.

The preceding steps enable you to save important information that you can refer to when using the resources listed in "Stop Message Overview" earlier in this appendix.

(The error) it was caused by the file mxDisk.sys

Record data in the Bugcheck information and Driver information sections for later reference.
Record and evaluate suggestions in the Recommended user action section. Stop messages typically provide troubleshooting tips relevant to the error.
Check the Stop message Debug port and dump status section (as shown in Figure C.1) to verify that Windows XP Professional successfully dumped memory contents to the paging file and proceed with your troubleshooting efforts.
After you resolve the problem or at least able to start the computer, you can copy the memory dump file to another location, such as removable media, for further evaluation. Analyzing memory dump files can assist you with identifying root causes by providing you with detailed information about the system state when the Stop message occurred. For more information about creating and analyzing memory dump files, see "Memory Dump Files" earlier in this appendix.

The preceding steps enable you to save important information that you can refer to when using the resources listed in "Stop Message Overview" earlier in this appendix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back