Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Screen after installing Server 2003 windows updates 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithe

MIS
Jan 25, 2005
US
I installed this month's security updates from Microsoft and now my Server keeps rebooting and boots to a blue screen with a stop error of 0x7b. I can't boot to safe mode or anything now. Anyone else had this trouble??

Thanks.

hello,

Same thing happen to me except my error was stop 0x0000000A (0x00000016,0x0000001B,0x8082796e) ..

I couldnt boot safe mod and try other things but at the end only last know good config helped and now I dont know which patch from 6 of them is makeing problems !?

I will try each one seperatly to find out..

Hi kloby, just curious as to what kind of machine you are using. Our server is a Compaq running Server 2003. I had to completely wipe out the hard drive and reinstall Windows. I then installed each patch individually and could not repeat the problem.

Thanks porkchopexpress! I'm glad I saw this thread before I did my updates.

Cheers.

hi, Smithe

We have HP Proliant ML150 (XEON) server with win 2003.

I have tested this patch and applied it to all of our servers with no problems, inc Dell's, HP's (ML350) and some unbranded with no problems so far. This patch will of been applied to thousands of boxes without concequence, as ever there's alot of Windows boxes out there and some are going to go wrong but thousands will of worked just as intended.

I'm tempted to say test - get a good backup and go for it as the consequences of getting caught out 'when' a worm arrives that exploits this flaw could be far worse. (And far more likely).

hi,

Well just to inform you all after applaying patches again in win2003 everythin works fine now, no BSOD now. Why ? dont know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back