Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Login screen doesn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResetSystem4

Technical User
Aug 8, 2002
AT
Hi everyone,

first of all: i have no clue about brio ;-)

but to get serious:
we had the problem that the brio plugin didn't work anymore with internet explorer 5.5sp2 and above.
so i installed a patch today. (replaced the .cab files, modified the zeroadmin.js)

now the client PC is downloading the new brio version and everything looks fine at first sight, i can select the report type, the brio plugin launches, i get the blue login screen (asking for ocs-file, login, password).
but when i press the "login" button, nothing happens. no errormessage, no loading indication, just nothing.

the only thing is, when i press the "back"-button i see some old report. (??)

anyway, my main problem is the blue login screen just ignoring my button-pushes.

can somebody tell me what is going wrong here?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

best regards
rs4

Is this login screen part of the report you are viewing or the brio server login?

it seems to be the login required to access the database. it provides a default path to a .OCE file (database access configuration file?) and prompts for username and password to access the database.
that's where i get stuck.

It sounds like this login is specific to your report and that the buttons not reacting is a problem with the report as well. Can you try it from another computer to see if you can replicate the problem?

Well, i tried it from 2 computers, both showing the same effect.

Some things i forgot to mention at the beginning:

@ the new cabs i installed had different minor version number from the version that was installed at the server before. (installed was 6.1.x.x, i replaced with files 6.3.x.60)

@ the blue login-screen looks very java-like. as the IE version that is installed on the client side is 6.0, could it be that i had to change some java-related stuff at the client's browsers?
(the patch was intended to SOLVE problems with new IEs, and was tested on IE 6.0. But maybe i have to install a Java Runtime engine manually to make things work?
in the readme-file that came with the patch there's only the netscape-plugin-problem addressed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back