Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blockout outbound caller id for specific phones automatically 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

highmeh

MIS
Nov 20, 2003
US
We have carved out a section of business that includes a customer service call center. Our default configuration is for IP Office to send our main DID with outbound calls. We do not want customer service calls to include an outbound caller ID, because then customers will see our main office as the missed call. I know we can disable outgoing caller id globally, but is there a way to default specific extensions to strip outbound caller ID automatically? Perhaps as part of a users right group?

Assuming this is ISDN you can create User Rights for these users and add a shortcode with Telephone Number .W

Depends what your default dialcode is but if you use 0 for line it would be

Shortcode: 0N
Feature: Dial
Telephone Number: .W

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Its a T-1 PRI, i added the codes you suggested but I still get outgoing caller id. Screenshot attached, did I miss something?
cs-shortcodes_axvtna.png

It should be 0N/Dial/NW/LGrp. If you use the dot you will send the leading 0 to the provider...

Your provider must support suppression of caller id.

If you have Avaya system sets like the 1608, 1616 or 95xx, 96xx then it is in the phone menu "Caller ID withold" or something like that.

I am still waiting for a programmable button...

intigrant said:
If you have Avaya system sets like the 1608, 1616 or 95xx, 96xx then it is in the phone menu "Caller ID withold" or something like that.

EXACTLY what we needed. Features -> Call Settings -> Withhold Number <ON>.

User rights method didn't work, with either NW or .W, voice provider confirmed they aren't forcing caller ID. Easy fix. Thanks all!

Now for 1000 points, can i keep the features i set on after the phone reboots? I unplugged it and it went back to normal.

In my experience it should survive a reboot but maybe the config wasn't backed up yet

How often do configs back up? It was up for about 45 minutes before I pulled the plug

Once a day, 24 hours after powering up or everutime you write a config with Manager.
So what I do before a reboot is open a config, make a change somewere, press OK and then turn the change back and merge the config without any change.
But it will make a backup on the SD card keeping the changes mede on the phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back