Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking web sites for particular OU in Windows 2003 Domain Enviroment

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky29280

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2008
Hi all,
We are using Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition as Domain Controller, Windows 2003 Standars Edition as ISA and Windows XP SP2 operating system in Clients.
We have 5 O.U. and I want to restrict users of 1 OU to access certain Websites, I have tried by applying GP on that OU but all the websites got blocked for all the users of all the 5 OU even for the users who are in Domain Admin group

I am new to syetem admin so please guide me in detail.

Regards,
Sid

No no, I m writing down what I have done on the DC.
I opend the dsa.msc then expand the dc select the OU then went to proerty then GP Tab have added new policy & named it BlockingWebSite then clicked on Edit and GP Edit opened I select the IE Security from Administrative

I have implimented all the settings as per the requirment but what happened that All the site for all the users of all the OUs got blocked & when ever any use tried to open a website it asks for the content password

Regards,
Sid

I believe you can set this up via your ISA server, and apply this to the PCs you want...if your computers are going through the ISA as a proxy.

If the policy is getting applied to everyone, then is everyone in the OU you are applying the settings to?

Advise you to run RSOP.msc from one of the PC's to find out where this setting is coming from.

okay can u help me with ISA configuration.
because I have ISA for Internet Sharing within my Domain

Regards,
Sid

Try the RSOP...sorry, I've not had hands on with ISA, but am familiar with some features. There should be good resources on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back