Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking Users From accessing Proxy sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimoto

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2007
US
I'm having a huge problem at a school where the kids are accessing sites via circumvented sites/ proxy site.
Administration is fed up and personally I'm a little tired of the bandwidth use as well as PC death sentence that is browsing the student files.

My firewalls block lists are bursting at the seams and it's becoming unmanageable.

If there anything at all I can use to block the sites in general or am I doomed to having my eyes glued to the firewall (sonicwall) and block them as they come?

let me know if this is the wrong forum or you have any questions.

Money isn't much of an issue but open source is always less of a hassle. Also is there any way how i can log a users site access through out the day, I've seen many that log IP address but i'm looking for more the AD account name.

Thanks for all your help i'm new to the field.

Your question might also need to be addressed in the Sonicwall forum. What model of Sonicwall do you have and what OS is it running. I am about to install some 4060 and 5060 Pro series appliances for my school district and they are supposed to have a proxy avoidance section in the content filter section. I'll know more info as soon as my boxes get in, but you might want to upgrade your code or box with Sonicwall.

I think you can try implementing A software ( Clean Content ) it filters the traffic and you can also setup rules witch site you dont want them to bows too, with clean content you can block any site and create categories for different users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back