Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking users access to websites ( not with content advisor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSutor

MIS
Aug 11, 2004
US
Alright my question is this folks. I am trying to block a group of computers from accessing any websites besides that of the companies and the web based training site. I don't want to use content advisor because anytime that one of the websites is updated and a page is added needless time would be spent allowing allow the new domains.

I am wondering if any one has had an success with any third party packages and what they were?? We are also looking at kiosk software so the PC's boot up and open IE immediately to one of the two sites and blocking the user from accessing anything but the to websites. No start menu, my computer, or tool bars.

thanks
jsutor

Hi All,

bcastners fix worked great, except I can't figure out how to give my users access to hotmail. I tried putting in *.hotmail.com, *.login.passport.net and *.passport.net in "exceptions" but nothing works for me. Any idea as to what I need to add to "exceptions" so a user can get their hotmail? Thanks, DON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back