Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking specific incoming calls on PRI trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Does anyone know if it is possible to block specific numbers from calling in on my DID trunks. All DID service is on PRI, and I'm on a G3r v8.5. I have looked at the incoming call handling treatment forms on my DID trunk group, and it seems that the options are based on service types. Seems all i need to do is capture the specific ani i want to deny and then rout it to a disconnect or my intercept treatment. Please someone tell me this is possible

We just had this come not to long ago. Go to "Blocking incoming calls" its back 1 or two pages So many buttons So little time
Thanks All
Phoneman2

need some clarification as to what you mean by back one or two pages. on the trunk form? incoming call handling starts on page three of the form and i don't see any field marked as Blocking incoming calls. if you are refering to documentation, can you tell me the document and page numbers. I have read the DS1/PRI reference material front to back and can't find anything related to blocking specific numbers.
thanks

What your looking for is digit manipulation, if your trunk group is set up for call by call then you can trap certain did's and send them to announcements that say unauthorized or pretty much whatever the switch can do, like a vector or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back