Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking ranges of caller ID/ANI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulabird

Technical User
Jan 13, 2010
US
Greetings:

Anyone had luck blocking ranges of caller ID/ANI? I have a large system and have noticed spammers using the same area codes or non-existent NXX numbers. I currently block individual numbers using the XMOBILE/COR method but after 100 entries, I'm hoping for something with a wider reach. I did find this entry on blocking ranges ( but I have over 1000 DID numbers (100+ PRI channels) and this seems it might consume quite a bit of processing power on the PBX. Has anyone been successful with this or other methods?

System:
Aura CM 6.3 (running on HP DL360 G7s)
Aura CMM 6.3
15+ G650 Media Gateways

Just block the entire range of did numbers, and then make entries for the ones that are allowed.

Block the entire range of DID numbers then open holes for ones that are allowed? Sounds like router firewall rules which I'm not sure how to apply in this situation. Did you mean to setup 'global' rules using vectors? Could you expand on this?

No you would use public unknown numbering to do this if you have a pri or sipp trunks

ACSS IP Office AIPS IP Office

Yes, I have ISDN PRI trunks for inbound and outbound traffic.
Public Unknown Numbering?
I currently use this for displaying ANI on outbound calls for specific internal stations on specific trunks.

How would I use public unknown numbering for blocking all inbound callers who use the same NXX code?

ANI Digit Call Blocking

Code:
display vector 201                                              Page   1 of   2
                                  CALL VECTOR

Number: 201              Name: Ani Block 1234
Multimedia? n      Attendant Vectoring? n    Meet-me Conf? n           Lock? n
     Basic? y   EAS? y   G3V4 Enhanced? y   ANI/II-Digits? y   ASAI Routing? y
 Prompting? y   LAI? y  G3V4 Adv Route? y   CINFO? y   BSR? y   Holidays? y
 Variables? y   3.0 Enhanced? y
01 wait-time    1   secs hearing ringback
02 goto step    5             if ani              =      303674+
03 route-to     number 1234             with cov y if unconditionally
04 stop
05 disconnect   after announcement 7654
06 stop
A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Okay, this makes sense though I'm thinking only using this with stations that receive a large number of vishing attempts.

Cheers

Direct inward dialing numbers most likely do not come into a vdn to a vector so his suggestion will not work, and yes I had a brain melt down as public unknown numer will not block these but it will prevent future phishing scams from getting to your people.

ACSS IP Office AIPS IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back