Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking Outgoing Caller ID on PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyTwoToes

Technical User
Feb 26, 2003
US
I am trying to stop caller ID from being sent out of a PRI. Does anyone know how to stop caller ID from being sent out of a PRI?

Thanks,
TommyTwoToes

Do a cha tru X. X being the pri in question. Goto page 2 and set "Send Calling Number:" from y to n

In the future everything will work...

cha isdn pub or cha pub depending on the switch version you have.

I think you can also change the per caller CPN on page 2 of the station form to no or restrict.

Edgar Clemente

It looks like even when I change the "send calling number" to n from y the number is still sent out. When I change it back to y and make it public, then change isdn public to:

3 5 2 0 1

the only number I see is 0. Can I make it so no number is displayed coming out of this PRI? Thanks for your help...

did you try restrict instead of n?

Edgar Clemente

That was the trick...now it comes up as private.

Thanks for your help...

Do a 'cha isdn pub'

ISDN NUMBERING - PUBLIC/UNKNOWN FORMAT

Total
Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN
Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len
4 7 10

Make sure it looks like this. The Trk Grp(s) field should be left blank. BUT under CPN Prefix, enter in your area code and prefix. For example, 212949

Sorry for the screw up. Under Ext Code, leave it blank aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back