Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking of attachements in 4.53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2001
US
Hi all,
My organization use's InnoculateIT 4.53 with the Exchange option on a Exchange 5.5 server, Is there a way to block attachments with it, such as .scr, .pif, .bat, .exe?
I heard there is a way in Norton antivirus using regsitry entires, but is there a way with Innoculate IT?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there's a way to do it with either of those, but if you're running Outlook, M$' Outlook Security Patch will block executable attachments, which is probably the ultimate result you're looking for.
-Steve

Hi Steve,

Using Inoc 4.53 exchange option, the attachments cannot be blocked. But you can block certain file extensions. The blocking of attachments by the mail option is possible in Inoc 6.0.

Regards
VirusGuru

Re: Virusguru's message:

So does your post mean that you CAN use IIT4.53 to block certain file types from being forwarded by the SMTP server by specifying extensions (if so where is this configured)?

Rgds..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back