Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking long distance within a Definity

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyVoiceUS

Technical User
Dec 9, 2010
US
Hi,

I am needing to block outside long distance calls in our hotel for a specific number of rooms. We do not use a T1, only local POTS lines. Can someone assist?

Give that group of extension a COR with a FRL to low to use you LD route patterns. Depending on how you have things setup, you may need to changes some ARS tables, and route patterns.

I see how to change the FRL. However, when I change it to 0 even, it stops usage of long distance and local calls. How can I set the ars and route table to not allow outgoing long distance within the FRL 0? It should only allow local.

You would have to check your ARS tables, and your route patterns. Do a list ars ana and see what rout patterns your LD use's

It looks like it uses route pattern 3.

Here is a screen shoot of route pattern 3

Pattern Number: 3

Grp. FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No. Del Inserted
No. Mrk Lmt List Digits Digits
1: 2 5 501 1
2: 2 5 501 1
3: 2 5 501 1
4:
5:
6:

Not sure where to go from there.

You could run an trace on the extension while dialing an long distance number to see which route pattern is used.

We'll try this in the morning.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back