Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blocking large e-mails

Status
Not open for further replies.

francisdela

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
GB
I have 3 sites, 1 with the exchange2000 server and another two sites which get their mail automatically forwarded from the exchange server to a small mail server on each site. The problem i'm having is that the small mail servers are being choked up with large attachments that are being forwarded from exchange.

So my queston is this, is there any way to block e-mails coming in to exchange that are say over 10 MB in size?

Any help would be much apreciatted

You can restrict the size of the messages by restricting the msg size. This can be done by right clicking your connector and clicking on the content restrictions tab. There is a check box that will allow you to set the limit of the mail received.[afro]

If you're using smtp virtual servers to receive mail in the other sites you can configure the message size within the smtp virtual server properties - Messages.

If you're using smtp virtual servers to receive mail in the other sites you can configure the message size within the smtp virtual server properties - Messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back