Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blocking internet access

Status
Not open for further replies.

safarijoe2000

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
GB
I am from England and I am setting up an internet cafe type system for the company that I am working for. However, my company only wants this system to access its own website.

I have tried downloading some parental control software, but obviously I am not able to block everything. Does anyone know if there is a free piece of software to block all internet access apart from certain sites which you specify.

It would be great to hear from you if you can help. Please email me on damien.english@snowandrock.com

Cheers

Damien

If you're using Internet Explorer as your browser, you can use IE's built-in Content Advisor (Tools, Internet Options, Content tab)

In the Approved Sites tab of 'Content Advisor':

add the following entry *.* (never) - default = BLOCK ALL

add your company's URL and all other associated URLs (always) - ONLY EXCEPTIONS allowed

Vince

but don't forget to lock down the machines, so this config cannot be changed...

Gary

"There are very few problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives

The 'Approved Site' tab is password protected.

Vince

I tried adding the *.* under "Content Advisor".
Am still able to go to any website.

Anything else I need to do?

Forget last post, stupid me forgot to Enable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back