Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking Incoming Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcollie

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2003
US
Is it possible to block incoming calls based upon the *calling* number? The calls that I want to block are coming from the PSTN over a PRI that terminates on a 3725 router. I'm running Call Manager 4.0. Basically, I have a situaton where one of our employees is being harassed and we'd like to block the harassing calls.

It would have to be caller ID based and there is no route pattern that you can create based on that. There maybe something in a third-party call center type application but not in call manager that I know of. In situations like this though you can call the phone company and tell them your being harassed by this phone number and they can block it or put a trace on it the next time that number calls.

if you are using unity. Forward all her inbound calls to 2 unity call handlers. have the first call handler handle and inbound calling number and transfer to subsriber.

Have the second call handler play a deterant message.

good luck

I have a similar situation today:

I have a phon number of 931-698-4964 calling several of my PRI 800 numbers. The problem is that this number doesn't exist! It is a Verizon number, and they say it hasn't been activated since Dec. 2003. Must be a spoof! The call duration ranges from .1 minutes to over 12 minutes. I've called Sprint and they are gathering information and getting me information how to contact the FBI. Anyway, I'm not having them block this number yet, but I do need to block this number from accessing the system for such long periods of time. I would like to just send a busy out the line once this caller connects. Can anyone give direction how to do this?

Thanks,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back