Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking incoming calls 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

datadump

Programmer
Dec 10, 2004
US
Ok, Let's see who can figure this one out. I have a need to block ALL incoming calls, both INTERNAL, EXTERNAL, and TRANSFERRED calls to some non-dids that still need to be able to dial out. The scenario is that there are a bunch of acd agents who sometimes get calls transferred from other departments to their individual non-did numbers. The supervisor doesn't want this because those calls are then not counted by symposium in the reports. So the supervisor wants all incoming calls on non-dids blocked but still allow employees to place long distance calls out on them. I've tried to find the answer in the SMIRL but have been unlucky. Anyone deal with this before?

sdnb will block calls when the agent is on an acd call, rdna yes will stop outbound calls for agents not logged in.. two backdoor ways to pervent non did from getting calls, make them a 7 digit number, don't allow that number to display if they call display sets and/or make it a mcn key.. so you could have mcn 4351234 on all acd sets, each could make outbound acorrding to there ncos, but calls to that set would be almost impossible.. even if someone guessed the dn, all agents key would flash, and they could not put that line on hold and let anyone else pick it up...

you can add a personal phantom in symposium and add that to the reports

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks to both of you. I decided to just not label the phone with the new non-did numbers and to change cls to ddgd and namd. That should do the trick :D

Consider on issue with DDGD.

During troubleshooting, inventory, testing, help calls: You will never be able to identify what number you are at unless you use LD80.

It just occured to me, that adding a TRC key to those phones that must be DDGD could be a nice workaround to not knowing the DN you were at.

~

Thanks GHTROUT. You make an excellent point! I'll keep that in mind if I ever do such a thing on a prime DN. These particular phones, however, are ACD sets so their key 0 is labeled with the position ID number.

I checked out your website; love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back