Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking incoming calls on single extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbankscharles

Technical User
Oct 8, 2023
US
I have one user who is getting besieged with Robo Calls. Both her caller ID and Sysmon traces show the call as "anonymous". I've seen postings on blocking all anonymous calls but don't want to do that on our system. Is there any way to setup a single, analog, extension to block anonymous calls?

Thanks
Charles

Assuming these calls are coming in on a particular incoming call route / direct indial, this is what I do on my system:

1) Duplicate the users' existing incoming call route, but in the incoming CLI field add 'anonymous' like so:
Screenshot_2023-11-09_at_12.08.39_pm_qzc5pg.png

2) Add a new short code with 'Barred'. The code should be something that suits your internal diel plan:
Screenshot_2023-11-09_at_12.10.13_pm_dfyphe.png

3) Configure that new incoming call route to send calls to the new barred extension (in my case, 2289):
Screenshot_2023-11-09_at_12.10.33_pm_iyhjc9.png

Once you've done that any anonymous calls to that inbound number will get a busy signal assuming your trunks support it.

You could also send calls to any other supported destination like a Voicemail Pro module. I have one such route on my home system that allows calls with a caller ID to ring through but any anonymous calls go straight to the auto attendant (on Voicemail Pro).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back