Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking incoming calls from a specific number

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhxBails

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2002
US
I have taken over administration of a Fujitsu 9600 for a small company. One of our employees is being harassed by incoming calls from a specific phone number.

Does anybody know if I can block calls from a specific number? If so, how?

Thanks,

Matt

It's been a while since I've touched a Fuji but I think the only way to do what you're talking about is if you're collecting ANI and using DNIS to route 800 calling (in conjunction with ACD). In that case you would be able to route calls from a specific number anywhere within your system.

In my experience telephone companies are also reluctant to pursue this unless you are willing to follow through with legal action.

Also, people who harass tend to be the type that, when thwarted, will find ways around your block, all the person needs to do is use a payphone to circumvent the work you put into blocking them.

I would suggest a 'friendly' reminder that utilizing the telephone to harass an individual is against the law and maybe throw in a little something about recording conversations. If it actually comes to that, a recording device can be picked up for under $100.

Thanks for your feedback. Since I posted this the parties involved have done exactly as you suggested and the situation as been resolved for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back